• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RobT

RobT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:47 PM

Is it possible to print the source, as an endnote, for a parent or spouse on a family group sheet?

For example, I know the names of the parents because they appear on the wife's death certificate. My source is the death certificate. The wife's death date will have a footnote with the death certificate as the source. Her parents are also listed on the FGS, but I can't seem to get that source in a footnote (i.e. superscript by the father's name and mother's name pointing to this source). It seems like it would be a setting in Report Settings -> Family Group Sheets (click box) or maybe an option in the source settings (under Report Settings -> Family Group Sheet -> Sources).

A friend of mine is doing the NGS home study course, and her lesson was returned because she didn't have the sources for the parents on a family group sheet, which she produced in Roots Magic. Seems like this should at least be an option.

Thanks,
Rob. Taylor
Columbia, MO

#2 slimjim

slimjim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:26 AM

I would be interested to know if this is possible. I don't know if this is a suitable comment for a RootsMagic forum but of the three programs I have used - Legacy 7.5, FTM2012 and RM6 - only Legacy makes this [easily] possible and in fact Legacy allows sourcing of virtually any relationship or fact that you care to put in. Of course it has other features which might not suit but reporting and sourcing your facts are good.

#3 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 4151 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:42 AM

Confirming enhancement request is in our tracking system.
Renee
RootsMagic

#4 RootsMagician

RootsMagician

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:42 AM

What parents / spouses are you referring to? The sources *do* print for the parents on the group sheet, and for the spouse. Or are you referring to the parent's parents and children's spouses (and maybe the parent's other spouses)? Since the group sheet only includes the names for those people, which sources should RM include? Just the individual sources? Or should it try and collect all the sources attached to any of the events for those people (that would be a mess)?
RootsMagician

#5 slimjim

slimjim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:48 AM

I can't speak for RobT but the situation I was interested in is as follows. Assume we have a family of three. In the child's data form it is possible to select the parents, specify the relationship and then assign a source- birth certificate possibly. In the individual summary report for the child this sourcing does not show up. I can make it show up by applying the source as a person source to the child but then it is not attached to the parents. I wanted to know if I was missing some setting that would allow the source to be attached to the parents (preferably individually) in the individual summary sheet.