• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Robert-Leigh:Pritchett

Robert-Leigh:Pritchett

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:06 PM

RM6 has these automerge functions. It would be "really nice" if it could also merge the duplicate PIDs from FSFT in RM6 and so we could also do searches within RM6 using PIDs from FSFT.

Please?

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 4096 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:47 AM

I don't think there is any way FamilySearch will allow us to do any automatic merging of people on FT. They want each merge done one at a time and carefully reviewed by a user. NFS is a prime example of why the other way didn't work.

If you want to search for people in your database by the FS ID there are a couple of methods.

1. Search>Person List>Find - FamilySearch ID - Equals - (FS ID)

2. Customize the People View and add the FamilySearch ID. Then click on the column head to sort it alphabetically. You can scroll through the list for the FS ID you wish to find.

If you merge in RM and suspect your person is connected to two IDs. You can use File>Database Tools and run all options there. I think its the "Clean Phantom Records" that removed the extra FT IDs but I'm not positive so just run them all. This will help clear up some of the count issues happening on FamilySearch Central temple ordinances.
Renee
RootsMagic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FSFT, Personal ID, Merge, Search