• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Tizme

Tizme

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:05 AM

I have not been able to access the website homepage today.
Anyone else having the same problem?

#2 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2572 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:13 AM

I just checked and it's working fine for me. FYI, there are sites like this one: http://www.downforev...neorjustme.com/ that can check if it's down for everyone or not.
--
-- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--
--ΤΏΤ--
K e V i N

#3 Tizme

Tizme

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:19 AM

Hmmm. I have tried 2 browsers during the day, I will try rebooting again.
I want to download RM6 tonight when the neighbours give me a bit of bandwidth - but gotta get there first. LOL.

#4 Tizme

Tizme

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:57 AM

no luck. I will have to try again tomorrow.

#5 Tizme

Tizme

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:40 AM

Well still no luck. I can only assume that I am being blocked at their end for some reason. Nothing at www.rootsmagic.com is available, not even the News when I start RM4.
I have tried another computer, rebooted the modem, checked the Host file without any luck. I will see if I can get an e-mail to them.

#6 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3429 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:29 AM

Accessing it from my iPad on a public wifi net. Have you tried from your browser? It sounds as though your Internet Service Provider should be informed of your problem - possibly a DNS server that is malfunctioning.
Tom user of RM6310 FTM2014 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celtiwiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix_tiny.png app, a growing bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#7 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 3885 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:13 AM

Did you happen to block the website and the RootsMagic program in your firewall? You also might want to try clearing your browser cache.
Renee
RootsMagic

#8 Tizme

Tizme

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:32 AM

I have tried 2 different browsers on my laptop, clearing the caches in both with no change.
Checked for blocks in the firewall etc
I tried also on my wife's laptop (which had never been there before) working through the same modem, which has also been rebooted twice.
I originally went to the Rootsmagic website store to check software pricing etc then left.
I later tried to go back to the main site to look at the tutorials etc for some info on data entry but found I could not access anything at all there.
No problem getting into it from work today, but still dead as a doornail from home.
I can only guess it had something to do with my checking prices on the store site as I am sure that was the last occasion that I could get in.

#9 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 3885 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:32 AM

I don't know why you can't access the RootsMagic website from home. You should contact your internet provider and have them help you troubleshoot the issue.
Renee
RootsMagic

#10 Tizme

Tizme

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:21 AM

Hi Renee,
I never did find out what happened and my ISP was no help at the time, but it works ok again now. :)