• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JACRISTA

JACRISTA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:08 AM

I see that when I'm working with a 'census fact' adding something in the 'note' means it shows up in everyones 'note' who shares that census, so is there another way that I can add some words just on one person that shares the fact? I was going to add the occupation of each person or any other notes such as I have the wife as head temporally while husband working away and I was going to add that too but it shows up on everbodys, can anyone help or suggest something to help me out please?
Thanks.

#2 Alfred

Alfred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5695 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:04 AM

Click on the Share button then on the person and finally on the Edit button at the top, then you will see the note exclusive for that sharing person.
Alfred

#3 c24m48

c24m48

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1048 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:57 PM

Or another alternative is not to use shared facts, and to give each person a census fact and note of their own.

Jerry

#4 JACRISTA

JACRISTA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:23 AM

Alfred, thanks for that but when I do that, it stays there, where I've typed it, it dos'nt show up on that persons edit page under 'note', I wanted it to be seen from that point really, I guess it can't be done then?  Jerrys suggestion is typing eveyone in individualy is'nt it, don't really want to do that, so if there is still a way  I'd be a very happy bunny!

#5 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3098 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:11 AM

No, it can't be done.

The note shown on the Sharee Edit person screen is the note entered on the Principal's Edit Person screen and is the note that will print for the Principal on a Narrative report.

The note entered for the Sharree is the note that will print for a Sharee on a Narrative report.

You could transcribe the household in the Principle note and just put data pertaining to the Sharree in the Sharree note.

Facts are just linked to the Principal. Sharree's are not linked to the fact but are linked to the Principal.

It is:

Fact---->Principal--->Sharree

Not:

Fact--->Principal
Fact--->Sharree
Laura

The following was overheard at a recent high society party...
"My ancestry goes all the way back to Alexander the Great," said one lady. She then turned to a second woman and asked, "How far does your family go back?"
"I don't know," was the reply. "All of our records were lost in the flood."
-on various web sites-

#6 JACRISTA

JACRISTA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:56 AM

Thanks for that Laura, that was my fear unfortunatly, but I have sussed out a way to add the info I want that keeps me kinda happy :)