1 reply to this topic

#1 Don Newcomb

Don Newcomb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:15 AM

I've mentioned this before but today is one of those days. I'd really like to see more done with the proofs field, particularly with parents' proof fields. For one reason or another, I keep a number of "Disputed" or even "Disproven" parents linked to their purported children. I would like RM to be able to ignore disproven connections when printing charts, calculating relationships, etc. Either that or there should be some sort of "tentative" connection, that would not imply anything to the calculators, charters, etc. I have a custom shared fact "Maybe the same as" but I have not gotten it to work as I'd like it to, which may be why I still have a number of disputed connections in my database.

Among the things I'd like to see done with the proofs field are:
1. Make the proof values customizable.
2. Include the proof values in the sentence templates. So that a sentence might read, "Joe Dokes was the son of John Dokes but this is disputed." or something like that.

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 3879 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:22 AM

Confirming enhancement requests are in our tracking system.

What I have done in my database is not attach disproven parents to the individual. I made a new fact called Parents. I will put their names and all the details on them in that fact. I can mark it private or not. I may or may not add the actual parents in my database, it just depends on if I feel I need to or not. But, I don't link that child to them until I have researched it better.
Renee
RootsMagic