4 replies to this topic

#1 allan1932

allan1932

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:38 PM

When trying to add Media to a Fact for a person (e.g. birth) by using Add From Gallery, the media is shown in the resultant Media Album tor the individual but no tick appears in the Media column for the particular fact. Should it?

Adding media by using Add New Media also doesn't result in a tick in the Media column for the fact if the fact is already in the Gallery. Is that by design?

It seems that the tick appears if using Add New Media & the Media is not already in the Gallery, & that subsequently the new Media is automatically added to the Gallery.

I would like to be able to add the tick in all cases. Is this not possible?

Thank you for any reply,

Allan.

#2 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3551 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 03:33 PM

I have been trying to do this in a fashion other than I normally use and I can see it may confuse.

What I do is click the Media Box alongside the fact I want to attach it to, regardless of adding from gallery or adding new it shows every time.

Keeping ones customers and their important views at a distance is never a good approach

User of Family Historian 7.0, Rootsmagic 7.6.3

Excel to Gedcom conversion - simple getting started tutorials here

Root

#3 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6444 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 03:33 PM

In the RootsMagic Help system (F1), using the Search tab, enter the terms "tag media" and read the topics. Also under the Index tab, enter "Media", which will list the same or many of the same pages. You need to "tag" the media item with the fact (or vice-versa, the terminology is a little ambiguous).

Edited by TomH, 05 September 2013 - 03:35 PM.

Tom user of RM7630 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#4 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4276 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 04:38 PM

You can also watch Webinar 30, New Media Tagging on RootsMagic 5 on RootsMagic's website.

#5 allan1932

allan1932

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:16 AM

Thank you everyone. The problem was that I was only tagging the person & not the event.
Allan.