• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LtlAmerica

LtlAmerica

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:57 PM

I am fairly new to RootsMagic and I have somehow gotten a blank in a few families that I have entered in the "children" list in Family view. When I try to delete it, I highlight it, right click and select delete or unlink, but then I get a message "You must highlight the person you want to delete. How can I get rid of these spaces? I want to print some charts for a family reunion this weekend, but don't want extra kids listed as blanks.

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8477 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:17 AM

You said you are new to RootsMagic but I'm not clear if new to RM4 or using RM6 the latest version.

If you have RM6 then go to File>Database Tools and run all options in consecutive order. It's the "Clean Phantom Records" that will remove them. But, it's good to run all tools periodically on your database.

If you have RM4 then you won't have the Database Tools. The best thing then is to drag n' drop to a new database.

Another option is to right clicked on the parent and selected Delete>Family>Unlink Family Members option. When you do that the family relationships will be gone but not the individuals. You then need to put the family back together by using Add>Spouse/Child>Select Existing Person.
Renee
RootsMagic

#3 LtlAmerica

LtlAmerica

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:50 AM

Thanks so much. I have RM6 and will follow your instructions. I appreciate your help.