• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 jwnuttall

jwnuttall

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:31 AM

Reading the description of the iOS app, it looks like it is only able to be used as a viewer. I own an android device, so haven't used the app, so I apologize if I am wrong. If I am correct, I think that the app would be much more useful if it could also be used to edit your rootsmagic file (add names, dates, etc.) rather than just view it. I would like the android app to be fully functional.

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7256 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:46 AM

Just not going to happen for a while, especially as a free app.
Renee
RootsMagic

#3 jwnuttall

jwnuttall

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:26 AM

I would love to pay for an app that edits. You might put it on your list, as I am sure there are others that would pay for such an app as well. Thanks.

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7256 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:26 AM

Confirming enhancement request is in our tracking system.
Renee
RootsMagic

#5 idabag

idabag

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 10:12 PM

I too would pay for app that could edit.  I love the PC version, but sometimes I just take my iPad with me.

#6 gscapps

gscapps

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 07:56 AM

RootMagic app should be where you can edit in the tree just Ancestry.com app without charging the customer to use.

#7 RonB

RonB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 07:36 PM

RootMagic app should be where you can edit in the tree just Ancestry.com app without charging the customer to use.

Ancestry charges you a monthly/yearly fee which is a much higher than the cost of a RootsMagic license.  For that reason, Ancestry can afford to provide a free app that lets you edit your database (you are paying for the service in your subscription.  How would you propose that RootsMagic support the cost of an app that lets you edit your database. An app that provides the ability to actually enter and edit date directly is much more complicated and costly to develop than an app that is strictly a reader.   App developers just like software developers do not work for free.

#8 Franna

Franna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 01:05 PM

I too would be more than willing to buy the enhancement that would allow editing on my iPad and sync back to my main database on laptop. This would be far more use to me - and I suspect all iPad users - than anything added to the program as it works so well now. I would rather pay upfront than a monthly fee since am already paying yearly fee for Dropbox which would do the syncing. I might be willing to pay quite a lot for this really helpful, efficient feature.

Have things changed since these earlier replies? Now 2016?

#9 BJR

BJR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 03:21 PM

I would also pay for an app that edits.  I was very disappointed when I downloaded and found that it did not.  Thank you.

#10 thawkes

thawkes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 05:38 PM

I also came here, registered to vote that I would like to edit, and create on my iOS device.  How else am I going to add information into my family history tree when I am at Grandmas?

#11 Mantet

Mantet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 12:08 PM

As I mentioned in another forum, I, too, would expect to pay for the programming of a app that allows editing (and media connections) on my RootsMagic web.