• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sue Lovett

Sue Lovett

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 04:19 AM

I have a male (Alfred Lewis) in my family tree who was born out of wedlock in the 1800's and fostered/adopted. His mother subsequently married and had 10 further children. Alfred remained in foster care but as he named two of his sons after two of his half brothers, I'm pretty certain they all knew one another. How can I create an Ancestry Narrative Report that will include this side of his family? The one I've done so far doesn't include this family.

I'm sure there's an easy answer but am stumped at the moment

Many thanks
Sue

#2 Nettie

Nettie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:18 AM

Do a Narrative Report using the Mother as the main person.

Genealogy:
"I work on genealogy only on days that end in "Y"." [Grin!!!]
from www.GenealogyDaily.com.
"Documentation....The hardest part of genealogy"
"Genealogy is like Hide & Seek: They Hide & I Seek!"
" Genealogists: People helping people.....that's what it's all about!"
from http://www.rootsweb....nry/gentags.htm
Using FO and RM since FO2.0 

#3 Sue Lovett

Sue Lovett

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:44 AM

Thanks Nettie. Is there no report I can use that includes all the members of a family? Sue

#4 c24m48

c24m48

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2612 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:01 AM

Thanks Nettie. Is there no report I can use that includes all the members of a family? Sue

In a word, no. Support for what you ask is a long term wish list.

The only two approaches presently are to "come down the other side of the family" as Nettie mentioned, or to add the person as a child to couple who raised him with a note about what the true relationship actually was. That's the approach I use for reports I take to family reunions. For example, I have a cousin who married a woman who had a daughter from a previous marriage. The birth father had nothing to do with raising the daughter, and she was raised by my cousin and his wife. There was never a formal adoption. So I enter the daughter from my cousin's wife's previous marriage as if she were the daughter of my cousin and his wife, and include a note about the actual situation.

Jerry

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Half siblings