10 replies to this topic

#1 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6267 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:17 AM

I have encountered some problems with the Place List window in RM6.3.0.2, especially noticeable when there is a long Place Note that causes one to resize and move the splitters around but is a consequence of such actions regardless of content. It is the behaviour of the upper right pane that is adversely effected. Depending on the sequence of events:
  • The upper right scroll bar extends down behind the lower pane.
  • The end of the note cannot be reached.
  • The right upper-lower splitter cannot move until the left-right splitter is moved
  • The right upper-lower splitter can be dragged outside the window
  • Dragging the right upper-lower splitter up causes a gray area with a label "DisplayPanel" to be dragged up into the upper right pane.
Is this unique to me? Using Win7-64bit Home Premium with latest updates

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8490 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:57 AM

Tom can you add a screen shot of what you are describing?
Renee
RootsMagic

#3 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6267 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:47 PM

After pulling the splitter down repeatedly, this shows the scrollbar extending down behind the lower panel, the button has been dragged as far down as it will go and cannot be seen, the text has not scrolled to the end. Jiggled the left-right splitter to "refresh" and reveal the scroll bar.
Posted Image

After pulling the splitter back up repeatedly, this shows the gray DisplayPanel object obscuring the upper panel text. The Place Details panel failed to come with the splitter. Jiggle the left-right splitter to "refresh" and fill the DisplayPanel with the Place Details.
Posted Image

Edit: Sorry, Viirginia and anyone else who was offended. I didn't realise that the HotLink supplied by the image host brought along all the extra baggage. It offers Links (as I have used before and now above), Thumbnails and HotLinks to each image.

Edited by TomH, 10 August 2013 - 01:17 PM.

SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#4 Jack

Jack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 10:11 AM

Tom, never noticed it before but you're correct. I see the same problem.

And, I do not see a problem with your screen shot placement.
Jack

a posteriori

#5 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3433 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 12:43 PM

Posted Image

Looks we have common geographical links both UK and US :P

Customers should never be frustrated by things they cannot do.

User of Family Historian 6.2.7, Rootsmagic 7.6.2, Family Tree Maker 2014 & Legacy 7.5

Excel to Gedcom conversion - simple getting started tutorials here

Root

#6 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6267 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 01:21 PM

Looks we have common geographical links both UK and US :P

I should have credited you as the secondary source of the Place information - from your test file at http://www.vyger.co....rge-issues.html. Somebody is paying attention! ;)

#7 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3433 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 01:29 PM

I should have credited you as the secondary source of the Place information - from your test file at http://www.vyger.co....rge-issues.html. Somebody is paying attention! ;)

I read all your posts ;)

I'm working on Places within RM at present, it could be a lot easier but then it has all been said, we just hope the Rootsmagician was listening.

Customers should never be frustrated by things they cannot do.

User of Family Historian 6.2.7, Rootsmagic 7.6.2, Family Tree Maker 2014 & Legacy 7.5

Excel to Gedcom conversion - simple getting started tutorials here

Root

#8 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8490 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:56 AM

FYI, I have deleted some posts in this thread that discussed some additional images that didn't apply to this issue.
Renee
RootsMagic

#9 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8490 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:12 AM

As I've been playing with this when I finally recreate what Tom has in his screen shots. I find if I just close the Place List and reopen that it goes back to normal. Is that your experience too?
Renee
RootsMagic

#10 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3459 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:13 AM

As I've been playing with this when I finally recreate what Tom has in his screen shots. I find if I just close the Place List and reopen that it goes back to normal. Is that your experience too?

Renee, ~YES~

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N

#11 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8490 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:01 PM

Thanks, I've added this to our tracking system. At least when you mess that window up there is a quick fix. We just don't want the window to mess up in the first place.
Renee
RootsMagic