15 replies to this topic

#1 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6448 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:22 PM

In Share Data, clicking on RootsMagic Spouse, whether matched or not, resulted in this error message: "Illegal character in path at index 41: http://familysearch....{uid}/folders". Initially spouse person did not exist in FSFT, was then added and matched. Same error occurs when either person is selected for Share Data and spouse is clicked.

Tom user of RM7630 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8793 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:35 PM

That's a new one for me. I can't reproduce this either. Which side of the Share Data tab were you clicking on the spouse? Go on the FT website and check the FS IDs for all individuals involved and see if any weird messages come up. The message is coming from FamilySearch so there may be a problem with the records themselves.

Were any of the individuals in that family still living? There has been errors reported when working with families with deceased and living individuals.

You might need to open a ticket with a backup of your database so we can troubleshoot this issue. Tell us who to look at.

http://support.roots...us_requests/new
Renee
RootsMagic

#3 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8793 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:15 PM

We are starting to see more reports of this error. I still haven't reproduced it on my end. We found out that last night FamilySearch made an update to the FT API so we know something must have broken on their end. Still trying to get to the bottom of what's going on.
Renee
RootsMagic

#4 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6448 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:55 PM

Submitted support request, Jason assigned:
Request #36707
HTTP 1.1, 400 Bad Request, on attempt to add spouse; SQLite Error 1 - cannot VACUUM, after blank FSFT Compare

Tom user of RM7630 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#5 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8793 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:18 PM

Found your ticket and assigned it to me. I am still working on pinpointing the exact problem.
Renee
RootsMagic

#6 DoddemaGen

DoddemaGen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:01 PM

I've been receiving the same error message as well. Thanks for reporting it!

#7 mpbeall

mpbeall

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:03 PM

I have received this problem many times! Very frustrating. It is not consistent. It occurs to me more frequently on the addition of a second spouse, but also will occur when adding a first or only spouse.

#8 mpbeall

mpbeall

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 09:14 AM

Just something I tried this morning:

click family tree icon on an individual (i.e. HUSBAND)

click in share data, check mark his as yet un-added WIFE
- get “HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request” error, but
- the WIFE individual was added to FamilySearch!
- but no “Green” spousal match shown to HUSBAND in RM

Log directly into FamilySearch – navigate to HUSBAND –
- no wife shown
- add WIFE manually with her FamilySearch reference #

Go back to RM (which I had left running) and recheck husband (after canceling out of FamilySearch check) and still no spousal match!

Then I completely exit out of RM, restart RM, click family tree icon of HUSBAND – and this time I have a GREEN SPOUSAL MATCH to WIFE!!!

This seemed to accomplish the task. I tried this technique a second time and it worked but I did not have to exit and restart RM as in the first attempt (???)

#9 Don Nunn

Don Nunn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:31 AM

I too have been experiencing this problem.

It is possible to create a "false" parental link by adding children to already matched parents. However, if I try to add a marriage to these parents, I get a 404, not found error.

I have reported all this to Family Search so that they can look at it from their end.

The manual method mentioned above does work but is hardly practicable for large trees.

Hopefully, a fix will be found soon.

#10 Family Tree

Family Tree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:53 PM

Log directly into FamilySearch – navigate to HUSBAND –
- no wife shown
- add WIFE manually with her FamilySearch reference #

Go back to RM (which I had left running) and recheck husband (after canceling out of FamilySearch check) and still no spousal match!

Then I completely exit out of RM, restart RM, click family tree icon of HUSBAND – and this time I have a GREEN SPOUSAL MATCH to WIFE!!!

I consistently see this problem as well when adding a spouse from the Share Data screen in FamilySearch Person Tools.

I have also found that things that are added to a person from within Family Search Family Tree, such as spouses, children, dates, etc., do not appear on the RootsMagic FamilySearch Person Tools Share Data screen unless you completely exit out of the RootsMagic program and then come back in. For some reason, RootsMagic can't see it until after completely exiting the program and then coming back in. It appears that RootsMagic hangs on to a "cached" version of the data that it first loaded and won't pull the updated data in until that cache is cleared.

In another post, I asked for a "Refresh" button to be added to the FamilySearch Person Tools screen to force a complete reload of the person's data from FamilySearch Family Tree when necessary. This problem is one of the reasons it would be helpful.

Rich

#11 Don Nunn

Don Nunn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:02 AM

Update to my previous post.

I have now heard from Family Search as follows:

Thank you for contacting FamilySearch. We were having some problems with our website that when you would try to access it, it would give a 400 Bad Request Error. It has been fixed. If you are still getting the same error when going to the www.familysearch.org website. Please clear your cookies and internet cache. I have attached a document that has those steps if you do not know how to clear your cookies and temporary internet files.

As you can probably guess, this does absolutely nothing.

The problem seems to be a failure in the interface between Rootsmagic and Family Search when trying to create a Partnership Relationship. At the moment, I'm having to go into the Family Search Family Tree and manually add the relationship before going on to add marriage details etc. I also experience similar updating problems as reported by Rich.

The problem does not seem to be browser related as it appears when using both Chrome and IE. It also occurs when using different database files.

#12 karincronin

karincronin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:14 PM

I haven't been able to add spouses in FamilyTree through RootsMagic in a week or two now. It is very frustrating, Will this be fixed soon?

#13 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8793 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:58 AM

Now that FamilySearch has "fixed" their side of things, we need to make changes on the RootsMagic side. I will begin beta testing a new update today that we hope will get us all up and running again soon. When we have confirmed the update resolves these issue we will release it to everyone. You will see the update notification appear when you first launch RootsMagic when its ready.
Renee
RootsMagic

#14 waynecooke

waynecooke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:37 PM

About a week ago, I had the 400 message, and clearing the cookies solved the problem immedately. Welcome to the world of Computers.

#15 Don Nunn

Don Nunn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:37 AM

Just downloaded and installed the latest update. Things are now working as they should be. Thanks a million!

#16 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8793 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:39 PM

We released 6.3.0.3 this morning. The issue with adding spouses and marriages has been fixed.

http://forums.rootsm...update-history/
Renee
RootsMagic