• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 JorgeAguirre

JorgeAguirre

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:04 AM

Hi, I´m working with RootsMagics since version 4, now i have a big trouble with "possible matches".

I´m working with a big database (almost 20000), that database was made with paf 4.0, i used to work wiyh paf, so conversion isn´t a problem, when i used the "auto match" tool it matched like 10000 records, so the other 10000 i´m matching manually, this is about two or three months of work, but now i´m surpized because every record i get in is new and you don´t know how much ordinances to do, but the biggest surprize was that a lot of that records are in family tree already, I´m very disapointed because when i do a "possible match" it doesn´t show any record, but when i go to family tree and make a manually search the record is there.

I have almost 8000 records to go, and don´t want to duplicate more records in family tree, Is there any way to have the "possible match" or at least the "search for more matches" doing well???????????????

#2 ennoborg

ennoborg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:34 PM

Hello Jorge,

Are you outside the US? If so, your Windows language settings may be causing this. I have similar problems in The Netherlands, where today's date is written as 02-08-2013. Matches work when I set the date format to US, and if that helps for you too, it confirms an earlier bug report that I made.

regards,

Enno

#3 JorgeAguirre

JorgeAguirre

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:40 PM

Hello Jorge,

Are you outside the US? If so, your Windows language settings may be causing this. I have similar problems in The Netherlands, where today's date is written as 02-08-2013. Matches work when I set the date format to US, and if that helps for you too, it confirms an earlier bug report that I made.

regards,

Enno

Yes, i´m outside US, so where can I set the date format, in the RootsMagic program or in Windows????

#4 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6254 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 03:27 PM

Windows 7 > Control Panel > Region and Language > Format
RootsMagic 6 > Tools > File Options > General tab > Date format (I don't think this has any effect on the Match but it might)

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#5 JorgeAguirre

JorgeAguirre

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 03:51 PM

RootsMagic 6 > Tools > File Options > General tab > Date format (I don't think this has any effect on the Match but it might)

It really works, it´s incredible, now it finds the possible matchs,, thanks, and please take advice on this problem for peolple who doesn´t live in the US.
It´s incredible all the records i had been duplicating by this simple thing, i was enchanted about Rootsmagic, now there is a huge problem i hope you can fix so we can use the program with confidence.

Thanks ennoborg, you are my hero, :rolleyes: :D

#6 JorgeAguirre

JorgeAguirre

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:50 AM

I did the same thing with the format date in Windows 7 and Windows 8 and it really works, now the posible matches appear, so please look for what is going on with this problem

#7 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8457 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:16 AM

RootsMagic is aware of this issue. We have reported it to FamilySearch so they can fix the FT API.
Renee
RootsMagic