• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 eallen142

eallen142

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:49 PM

Everytime I attempt to update, download begins, then pop up states "request timeout" and stops.

I use XP.

#2 Alfred

Alfred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5734 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:28 PM

Try going to:
http://www.rootsmagi...tes/RootsMagic/
and download the RootsMagic 6.3.0.0 Installer to your computer. (Notice to where it is to be saved so that you can find it later.)

After it is downloaded, close RootsMagic and run the installer.
Alfred

#3 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3385 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:39 AM

I would hold off as I just updated and now getting constant "Access Violation errors" will expect 6.3.0.1 later <_<

“Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.” -Bill Gates

It's now time for discretion, trust, patience and support

User of Rootsmagic 7.5.9, Family Historian 6.2.7, Family Tree Maker 2014 & Legacy 7.5

Excel to Gedcom conversion - simple getting started tutorials here

Root

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8369 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:40 PM

We're not planning a 6.3.0.1 right now. There must be something else going on with your computer Vyger. I would uninstall and reinstall again.

The requested time out for eallen142 means it's an issue with their internet connection timing out. You could try clearing your browser cache and then downloading again.

Update: Now I see the other thread on this and we are investigating.
Renee
RootsMagic

#5 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3385 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:08 PM

We're not planning a 6.3.0.1 right now. There must be something else going on with your computer Vyger. I would uninstall and reinstall again.

The requested time out for eallen142 means it's an issue with their internet connection timing out. You could try clearing your browser cache and then downloading again.

Update: Now I see the other thread on this and we are investigating.

That's nice, my computer is recovering nicely after that insult you threw at it :D in fact they all are.

Oh, and when I ran the logic past my wife who knows little about computing she said "so it must have been that thing you downloaded" - pretty accurate

“Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.” -Bill Gates

It's now time for discretion, trust, patience and support

User of Rootsmagic 7.5.9, Family Historian 6.2.7, Family Tree Maker 2014 & Legacy 7.5

Excel to Gedcom conversion - simple getting started tutorials here

Root

#6 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8369 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:23 PM

That's what you get for going to the doctors and missing a couple of hours of activity on the forums.
Renee
RootsMagic

#7 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8369 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:25 PM

I posted this on another forum thread which going forward I will probably only keep updated on this issue.
http://forums.rootsm...olation-errors/

We have been able to recreate the issue. Right now I do get it when looking at single people in my tree with the Problem Alert indicator on when switching from the People view to the Pedigree or Family View. I am sure there are other ways it can be triggered.

If you get stuck you can go to Tools>File Options>General and turn off the Problem Alert. Then close RootsMagic and reopen. If you turn the feature back on before the next update just don't look at single tree individuals in your database.
Renee
RootsMagic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Issues