• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 grammms

grammms

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:29 AM

Has anyone else exported their RM data directly to Ancestry.com? Or do I have to 'translate' it to a PAF file first? I do have a copy of PAF 5. I would like to choose which Facts get exported from RM to the file I upload. Any suggestions?

Right now it looks like I have to export a file, open it in PAF5, and then individually delete each fact for each person. It would be so much easier to not export them in the first place.

Thanks, grammms

#2 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6268 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:11 PM

In the menu Lists > FactType List, you can edit each fact to set whether it is exported to GEDCOM.

In the RMtrix utility, there is a tool with which you can toggle a bunch of Fact Type settings:
Fact Types > View current outputs | Set all to GEDCOM | Snapshot current | View snapshot outputs | Restore from snapshot | Delete snapshot

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#3 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6268 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:49 PM

Additionally, on the export dialog, uncheck the box labelled "Include RM specific details" or words to that effect because other software does not understand them.

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#4 grammms

grammms

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:03 PM

Thanks! I will try both options.

grammms