• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mjlecoeur

mjlecoeur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:24 PM

I have a new computer with Windows7 but I can't find my RM6 files. Any suggestions as to where to look? OR, is there a way to download RM6 again? I have my backup files on a flash drive. Thanks

#2 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3545 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:30 PM

Which files are you looking for, do I presume the data files ?

Either way go into Windows Explorer, click on the root of the HDD (c:) and then in the box top right enter .rmg or whatever you want to search for. It may take a while first time but it will show you the files and locations.

Keeping ones customers and their important views at a distance is never a good approach

User of Family Historian 6.2.7, Rootsmagic 7.6.3, Family Tree Maker 2014 & Legacy 7.5

Excel to Gedcom conversion - simple getting started tutorials here

Root

#3 lostinbrave

lostinbrave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:59 PM

Which files are you looking for, do I presume the data files ?

Either way go into Windows Explorer, click on the root of the HDD (c:) and then in the box top right enter .rmg or whatever you want to search for. It may take a while first time but it will show you the files and locations.

No it is the program files, I believe.

I have a new computer with Windows7 but I can't find my RM6 files. Any suggestions as to where to look? OR, is there a way to download RM6 again? I have my backup files on a flash drive. Thanks

Yes the download is located here:
http://www.rootsmagi...ic/default.aspx
It is the same you just need to put your Registration key in. If you do not know where that is check your email. Hopefully you have not deleted the email with it. If not hopefully you have registered with RootsMagic and they can recover your key for you.

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8764 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:52 AM

A better link to download any version of RM is here - http://www.rootsmagi...tes/RootsMagic/

If you have RM4-RM6 you can install the same Place Database Installer afterwards.
Renee
RootsMagic

#5 mjlecoeur

mjlecoeur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:09 AM

Thanks for the help. Yes, it's the program I'm looking for. Thanks for the link to re-install it. Luckily, I've kept my registration key.