3 replies to this topic

#1 EdR

EdR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:38 AM

What has changed at the RootsMagic Forums?
Was always able to use Internet Explorer browser to interact with the site. The last couple of times I access the Forums using IE 10 the search turns up a responses as always but when I attempt to go to a response link in the returned results I get a "This page can't be displayed" message.
I can now access the Forums using Chrome, which I don't want to do. I really don't want to be required have a diversity of web browsers on my computer just be able to access sites. (Last time I looked IE browsers still have over 50% of the user market share.)
Ed R
Ed R
Adopt, Adapt & Improve.

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 4166 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:25 PM

I just checked using IE 10 and see the issue you are noting. This isn't anything that RootsMagic has control over since the forum software is from IP Board. I will let the RootsMagician know so he can pass the issue along to them.
Renee
RootsMagic

#3 EdR

EdR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:24 PM

Thanks for the follow up. It did get resolved temporarily. Today it has resurfaced ("This page can't be displayed"). The IP Board you use for the forum must be going through some real changes. I also noted that I can no longer insert (use) a paragraph in my input to delineate the content when typing directly into the forum. But it appears we can cut and paste content from other sources and it works. Not a complaint, just input for consideration. Could you please forward another request to the RootsMagician.Thank you very much.
Ed R
Adopt, Adapt & Improve.

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 4166 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:36 AM

I have forwarded this onto the RootsMagican so he can check into it.
Renee
RootsMagic