6 replies to this topic

#1 Rick H

Rick H

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:49 AM

I generated a new Publish Online website from one of my databases. I then copied it from the default place to my CD staging area on my computer. Start a display and the FGS icon does not work (three people silhouettes in the person's box) for the opening person and his parents. It does show a change in the pointer when I hover but does not display the With Spouse/With Parents box below when clicked. If I start an individual display (single silhouette) then return the family display works from then on. I have not been able to recreate it since.

\s\Rick

RM 6.2.1.1
Windows XP SP3 and patched up
2GB main memory, 6GB Virtual Memory
Default browser Chrome (v27)

#2 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6250 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:07 PM

Chrome has to be closed and reopened with a special option on the command line of the shortcut in order to display local files. It's easier to use a different browser for local files.

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#3 Rick H

Rick H

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:29 PM

I know how to pat my head and rub my tummy when I start Chrome... In fact I said the display starts [as does the name list] which doesn't when you don't pat and rub.

Further on this it appears to happen consistently when I move to the right and then click the three headed icon in the first through the third generation that are on screen. When I open a family centered on an older person (ie only two generations on the screen, I can move left then move right and make this happen. Once I open and individual's data sheet the FGS works by dropping down a With Wife/With Birth Parents box.

\s\Rick

#4 Rick H

Rick H

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:17 PM

In looking at this I have rediscovered an issue that I had initially reported back on 9-Dec-2012, Item #4, the thumbnail photos disappear occasionally. This has either never been solved or the bug was reintroduced as I was quite sure it was cured for a while (see that thread).

With moving right and left in the Pedigree display (Chrome {with magic incantations] and IE now) I have seen the thumbnails disappear. In one case space was in the display still allocated for the thumbnail as well as the thumbnails disappear and not have any space allocated. I think it has to do with when I get the FGS group sheet drop down display (With Spouse/Birth Parents) and choose to move left or right when it is still displayed.

\s\Rick

#5 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3455 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:52 PM

Does it fail similarly BOTH when you preview it locally AND when it is published up on the internet?

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N

#6 Rick H

Rick H

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:58 AM

I don't publish online, this is all in preparation for burning a CD of my work (not the RootsMagic Shareable CD).

\s\Rick

#7 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6250 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:41 PM

Try uploading your website to a web host and see if your browsers behave the same way as you are seeing locally. That's the point of Kevin's question. If they behave the same, it suggests a problem in the generated website, not a problem with the browser reading Javascript locally.

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.