• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sleuth

Sleuth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:35 AM

I wonder if you could help me, perhaps I am doing something incorrect - then please correct me (or if not can you please adjust Roots Magic?)

When I select the "Share Data" any children are not listed in a recognisable order.

It would be nice to be able to have children etc sorted by date of birth. This way it becomes easier to identify which children are duplicates, and which are not. Thanks very much and best regards Sleuth

#2 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4276 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:04 PM

On which side of Share data are the children out of birth order, RM or FamilySearch Family Tree?

You can easily change the children's birth order in your RM database. On the Family view , click on the up and down arrows button to the left of the Children label to bring up the Rearrange Children screen.

I don't know if FamilySearch Family Tree has a way to rearrange children on their web site.

I also don't know if RM can program in showing the children from FSFT in birth order if they are not already in birth order. That depends on what the FSFT API allows RM to do. This is something Bruce would need to look into.

#3 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8335 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:40 AM

Confirming it's an issue with the way FamilySearch sends the children to us in the FT API. We had this same problem with the NFS API and same desire to change how it is being displayed on the Share Data screen.
Renee
RootsMagic

#4 Kevin

Kevin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:41 PM

So even though the FT API returns the children in a random (not birth) order, it is possible for RM the change order when displaying on the screen. RM has simply chosen (at least for now) not to reorder the children, and since as Renee indicated, it has been that way since NFS, it does not seem that RM is going to implement the reordering any time soon.