• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 WendyL

WendyL

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:50 AM

There are 3 entries on FamilySearch of the same person I've been trying to merge without much success.
I click on one of the copies on FamilySeach, Tell the box in RM to Match with RootsMagic to the relevant person. I'm then asked if I'd like to merge records. It then goes to the FamilySearch Merge screen and then I get an error message:

'Unable to merge persons.
HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request'

This happens with all three duplicates.

Have I done something wrong and can it be fixed, please.
Many regards
Wendy

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7921 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:41 AM

If you give me the ID's for the three people I can take a look and see what might be causing them not to merge.

1. If the people you are trying to merge both have LDS membership numbers (IDs start with KW and a few others), FamilySearch won't let you combine the records together. You have to contact them directly. Phone: 866-406-1830 or email support@familysearch.org

2. If the individuals were IOUS (individuals of unusual size) on the NFS website then you can't combine them yet in Family Tree. NFS IOUS limitation is no more than a combination of 250 records can be combined into one person. If your two records that you are trying to merge would make the combined total more the 250 records on NFS then you can't merge yet in FT. We have to wait for the connection to be served between the two sites before we can do that.

3. Sometimes if you Unmatch from the person you are currently connected to on FT and match to the person you wanted to merge. For some strange reason FamilySearch will then allow the merge to go through. Must have something to do with the current record that is initiating the merge. We still haven't figure out what the issue is with that one. Since you have three people experiment with which ID you are trying to initiate the merge with.

4. You can always try doing the merge on the FT website itself. If you can't there then contact FamilySearch directly about the issue.
Renee
RootsMagic

#3 WendyL

WendyL

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:46 PM

Thanks for your reply, Renee. The duplicates were of myself and I found that you can't merge living people. So I changed my status to deceased in FamilySearch and then I was able to merge them all. I went back and changed the status to living and now it looks sweet :-)
Felt a bit weird to be dead for half an hour.
regards
Wendy

#4 Ludlow Bay

Ludlow Bay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:12 PM

Thanks for your reply, Renee. The duplicates were of myself and I found that you can't merge living people. So I changed my status to deceased in FamilySearch and then I was able to merge them all. I went back and changed the status to living and now it looks sweet :-)
Felt a bit weird to be dead for half an hour.
regards
Wendy

Half an hour? Try three days. (I changed my status, too .... and forgot to change me back!)

#5 jamiemichal

jamiemichal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 11:14 AM

I'm having this issue as well.  

I'm in my tree twice, one entry doesn't have any people attached (which happens to be the main ID) and the other one is where all my people are.  I tried changing the main record from living to deceased in Family Search and I receive "Save Failed - Unable to save conclusion due to a server error."

When I tried to sync a death event for the main person in RootsMagic to Family Search, I received this error:

Unable to create tf entity conclusion. person with death cannot be the user's treePersonId, personid=XXXX-XXX

Any suggestions on how I can get this linked correctly so that the main person in my tree contains all the other people that I have added?

UPDATE: Issue resolved.  I had to link the relationships to my root person on Family Search and delete the duplicate record.  All is well!

Edited by jamiemichal, 14 December 2016 - 12:07 PM.