• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 fredandrana

fredandrana

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:26 AM

I have RootsMagic 6 with the update, and I have made use of the "Publish Online" feature. What I would like to know is if there is a limit to the size of the website you can upload through RootsMagic. I have been having difficulties since the file size hit 5.0 MB, and am wondering if that is the limit, but I have been unable to find anything posted that gives a size limit.

#2 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6415 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:50 AM

Limited to 2 websites per account, 50 MB max per website, including images. It is the total size of all files under the local folder where you create the website files before they are uploaded.

Tom user of RM7630 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#3 fredandrana

fredandrana

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:12 AM

Thank you greatly for that speedy response!

#4 lostinbrave

lostinbrave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:32 PM

Limited to 2 websites per account, 50 MB max per website, including images. It is the total size of all files under the local folder where you create the website files before they are uploaded.

Well If I included my entire database then I would need 3 websites worth of space just for the RM File I think I would need to clean it up if I decide to do it all.

#5 fredandrana

fredandrana

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:29 PM

I agree...I already hit my limit on my one site. I would add a second, but doubt that I could link it to my first. Is there any way we could pay a hosting fee to have a larger site? Creating our own page with the html file just ...doesn't...look....right. Or maybe it is because I preview in IE, when I normally use Firefox.

#6 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6415 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:43 PM

You can always have it hosted by some other service provider. You would use their upload tool or a 3rd party FTP client to upload the file set instead of RM's own which is purely for my.rootsmagic.com.

Tom user of RM7630 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#7 fredandrana

fredandrana

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:49 PM

Yes, I could. And I probably will. However, I am happy with my current website, and happy with my RootsMagic software, and happy with the way it all works together, and I would rather not switch if I didn't have to.

Any clue whether RootsMagic will host a "premium" website someday? I know some of the other sites have an increased fee for increased size.

#8 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8638 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:42 AM

We are planning on some changes to the my.rootsmagic.com website size and file limits. Just don't have a good ETA for when it will happen yet.
Renee
RootsMagic

#9 fredandrana

fredandrana

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:49 PM

Thank you! I am in no hurry to switch to another service provider, and I will wait patiently for a while and hope for the best. I have found a temporary solution to be able to keep updating my site with new info...and so I am good for now. But thank you for the quick responses!