• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Saludap

Saludap

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:14 AM

I want to cite the FamilySearch information I find online in my Rootsmagic database.

I created a general citation for a family tree online citation, and when filling in the information, Ancestry.com is added automatically, even if I list The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints as the owner.

Can anyone explain why Ancestry.com is added? I see it in the example on the right of the form of how the citation will finally appear, but not in any of the editable fields. Does anyone have citation for FamilySearch they might suggest other than using the family tree online? (I would prefer not to do freeform if I can avoid it.)

Thanks.

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7919 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:25 AM

What I did is copied the "New FamilySearch, online database" source template in RM and edited it to say FamilySearch Family Tree. Just easier in my opinion.

To edit a user create source go to List>Source Templates>highlight source and click Edit. You can edit the Footnote, Short Footnote and Bibliography Template. You can highlight fields and click Edit Field to change special elements. If you click the Details button you will get the Description section to edit.
Renee
RootsMagic