• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 akfleeds

akfleeds

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:41 AM

A lot of records here in the UK are only recorded by quarter year.If you put a date say of 1Q or 1stQ Roots changes it to a month.The records are not recorded by month.Please can we have the option to put the date into Roots as the record date is.

#2 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2572 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:54 AM

RootsMagic 4 Unveiled (Part II) July 14, 2008

http://blog.rootsmagic.com/?p=17

"Quarter Dates – You will also be able to enter quarter dates as found in UK BMD registrations. So if you enter Q 1 1847, 1st Quarter 1847, 1st Q 1847, March Quarter 1847, Mar Q 1847 or any other quarter format, RootsMagic 4 will understand what you mean."
--
-- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--
--ΤΏΤ--
K e V i N

#3 akfleeds

akfleeds

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:50 AM

That is really the problem.If you put say 1Q 1847 or 1st Q 1847 Roots changes it to Mar Q 1847.Why doesnt it just leave it as i put it.

#4 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3428 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:00 AM

I'll take this stab at an answer. The storage format may not allow for all these variations and has but one for quarter dates. Converting the variants to one on data entry is more efficient than storing all the variants and converting them to date values for sorting, age calculations, etc in displays and reports.
Tom user of RM6310 FTM2014 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celtiwiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix_tiny.png app, a growing bundle of RootsMagic utilities.