1 reply to this topic

#1 letdolphin

letdolphin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:19 PM

Hello -

I have tried searching for this and will admit I am probably using the wrong words. I am trying to get a source template (Specifically Census, U.S. Federal (Online Images). What I would like to do is move Jurisdiction from Master Source to Source Details. Is there a way to do this and I'm just not seeing it?

Thanks so much for your assistance.
Laura M
Knoxville, TN

#2 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6444 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:52 PM

You cannot modify a built-in source template from within RM. Within RM, you can copy the template and edit the copy; however, there is no easy way to assign the new template to the existing sources and citations. For a long time, the RMian has been promising a conversion tool. You could try creating a new master source with the modified source template that duplicates an existing master source, except for [Jurisdiction] of course, select the new source in the Source Manager, then Merge and select the original source as the secondary. After merging, you will need to find all citations of the merged source and edit each citation to enter the value for the [Jurisdiction] field; until that is done or at least the citation has been touched by the Citation Manager, footnotes will be outputted with "[Jurisdiction]" in the sentence, signifying that the field cannot be found.

Outside of RM, you could bring to bear SQLite3 on the database but that might prove to be even more daunting tho' powerful. Read up on it at SQLiteToolsForRootsMagic.

Tom user of RM7630 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.