• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 cvhibbs

cvhibbs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:43 PM

Family search shows LDS ordinances as being completed. However, when linking the RootsWeb person with the Family Search person the sealing to spouse ordinance is not transferring from Family Search into Roots Web.

#2 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4276 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:29 PM

Did you perhaps mean RootsMagic and not Rootsweb?

#3 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8332 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:16 AM

Family events won't come over when you add a person from FT to RM. Linking will move no data at all. You will need to add the marriage events and the sealing to spouse over after both individuals in the couple are in your database.

You can add the marriage from the Share Data tab. You can add the sealing to spouse from the Ordinance tab.
Renee
RootsMagic

#4 Kevin

Kevin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:16 AM

I think this a bug. When one adds the spouse from FT to RM it should automatically download the family events if both persons are now linked to FT. Why make the user take extra steps. I found this very annoying and quite frequently forget to download the Family events since the individual events are downloaded automatically. I do think that the family events should only be downloaded automatically when both persons are linked between RM and FT.

#5 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8332 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:14 AM

If you go to File>FamilySearch Central>Import and download a COUPLE you will get their family events, marriage and sealing. That is because you are moving more than one person from FT into your database at a time. When you add people from FT through the Share Data tab it is only moving an individual. That act will only get you individual events. It's just not possible to get family facts when you are moving individuals one person at a time.

This same principle applies when you are drag n dropping people in RM from one database to another.
Renee
RootsMagic

#6 Kevin

Kevin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:23 AM

I appreciate all the RM does, but I do disagree with previous statement 'just not possible to get family facts...'. It is possible, since I can manually do it by going back myself and downloading the Family Events (Marriage, and LDS Sealing for example). Since I can do it in RM with a few extra clicks (annoying a prone to forget), and other competing software does it automatically, I think it is possible. It is just the RM has chosen not to do it. That is a valid business decision and should be stated as such vs stating 'just not possible to get family facts...'