22 replies to this topic

#21 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8779 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:01 AM

RootsMagic doesn't edit or alter your images. You have to do that outside of the program.
Renee
RootsMagic

#22 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6444 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:25 AM

RootsMagic doesn't edit or alter your images. You have to do that outside of the program.

Oops. Double-click on an image or select and click View/Edit in the Gallery and it opens the Edit Media window. In Edit Media, you can modify color settings, flip and rotate. Even if you don't make any of these changes and hit the OK button, a dialog window pops up to confirm that you want to replace the file with the modified one. A TIF file went from 41,187 KB to 13,131 KB on the first OK after no deliberate "edit". That's where it remained on successive ones.

Tom user of RM7630 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#23 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8779 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 11:09 AM

My bad. I was thinking of zoom, and how you can no longer crop images. Yes, those other features will make changes to the image. Now I see what is happening with compression when no changes are made. I will report it to development.
Renee
RootsMagic