• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 boehm1942

boehm1942

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:23 PM

Here I am again. Sorry. Hoping TomH will contact me. Here is the latest problem Tom. I found the original database for Genius Family Tree and it is in the format of .gen. However I cannot run it now as I upgraded from version 1.06.0097 to version 2.01.3100. The newer version WILL allow me to enter my original registration details, however it requires a GEDCOM format to run the database, i.e. I assume .ged. I have downloaded 3 different supposed conversion files but they will not work probably because I have upgraded from XP to Windows 8. Can anyone help me convert my .gen database to .ged format PLEASE. TomH if you are still out and about we communicated to a fro when I had an ACCESS database and we eventually found that somebody had (I thought) corrupted the whole database, but I luckily found the original database. SO PLEASE PLEASE HELP as I only have 25 days left on the evaluation copy of the older program. Hi Tom.

#2 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6251 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:13 AM

I still have a XP computer so send me your .gen file and the links to the conversion utilities and I will give them a try. I sent you an email to your address as of last Feb.

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Genius, Convert, *to, gedcom, format, .gen, Genius Family Tree