• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Doreen

Doreen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:22 PM

I use the following facts in the Edit Person screen - Birth, Marriage, Death, Burial, Occupation, Confirmation, and Source.
Sometimes they are in the above right order and sometimes they are all out of order.
I have tried clicking and holding the curser on the fact I wish to move and try to drag it into the correct position. Sometimes this works but most times it won't move.
How can I move them manually into the order I want.
Any help is much appreciated.
Doreen

#2 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3232 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:50 PM

Enter a sort date for the fact. Facts are sorted in the order of the sort date which may or not be the same as the fact date.
Laura

The following was overheard at a recent high society party...
"My ancestry goes all the way back to Alexander the Great," said one lady. She then turned to a second woman and asked, "How far does your family go back?"
"I don't know," was the reply. "All of our records were lost in the flood."
-on various web sites-

#3 bryansyl

bryansyl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:10 AM

hi doreen

you need to use the sort date on the bottom right on the edit screen and set it a month or year after the event you know is right

ie you have date of birth say 1950 this normally the 1st event
then you have marriage say 1980 would be 2nd event
then you find you have school which should now be 2nd event say 1956 but because school comes in the list alphabetically after marriage it will list in the wrong order
so put in school 1956 then use the sort box and put in say 1 aug 1956 that should put it in the right order of event

hope that explains it - if you need more - email me off line at bryansyl@gmail.com