• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ritcheymt

ritcheymt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:28 AM

Last night I upgraded from version 5.x to version 6.1.0.3. In the newer version I cannot see an option to log in as someone's Helper on FamilySearch as I could with the earlier version. That feature is mission-critical to me. Why am I not seeing it, and how can I get it back?

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8178 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:34 AM

FamilySearch did not include the Helper Mode in the FT API, so RootsMagic is unable to provide that function. We have been telling users to express their desire to FamilySearch to include that feature in the FT API. We got word a couple of weeks ago from FamilySearch that they will include it but it still hasn't appeared. You might want to still let them know how important the feature is to you. Once FamilySearch includes it in the FT API then RootsMagic will support it.

I will be moving this thread to the RootsMagic FamilySearch Family Tree forum after you have had a chance to read this response.
Renee
RootsMagic

#3 Ludlow Bay

Ludlow Bay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:32 PM

FamilySearch did not include the Helper Mode in the FT API, so RootsMagic is unable to provide that function. We have been telling users to express their desire to FamilySearch to include that feature in the FT API. We got word a couple of weeks ago from FamilySearch that they will include it but it still hasn't appeared. You might want to still let them know how important the feature is to you. Once FamilySearch includes it in the FT API then RootsMagic will support it.

No doubt it's stuck in their tracking system.

#4 ritcheymt

ritcheymt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:12 PM

Thanks for the info and suggestion, Renee and Ludlow. I posted a request on FamilySearch's feedback system at https://getsatisfact..._party_programs

I'm hoping other users of RootsMagic, Legacy, and Ancestral Quest will get on the bandwagon and thumbs-up that post (will you?).

Best wishes,

Mike

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: login Helper Tree, Helper, Tree, login