• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mgriffinxx

mgriffinxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:24 AM

I know the program allows you to place the ID or LDS FT ID after the name. I think it would be handy to have a both at the same time option added. Especially when trying to compare Roots and Family Search FT.

Mike

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 3987 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:12 AM

I have the program set to show the record number after a person's name. If I open their Edit Person screen I will see both the RIN and the FSID after their name.

If you customized the People view you can add the FamilySearch ID as a column and view it there for the person too.

I'm not sure if the program could handle showing both the RIN and the FSID after each other on the Pedigree view, etc. I will add it to the tracking system though.
Renee
RootsMagic

#3 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3277 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:47 AM

You can also set the Sidebar Index options to display the record number and the FamilySearch ID to display at the top.

I don't see what role the RM record number would play in comparing people in RootsMagic with FamilySearch Family Tree. I don't use the FamilySearch part of RootsMagic, but I doubt that the RM record number is added to the FamilySearch Family Tree record.
Laura

The following was overheard at a recent high society party...
"My ancestry goes all the way back to Alexander the Great," said one lady. She then turned to a second woman and asked, "How far does your family go back?"
"I don't know," was the reply. "All of our records were lost in the flood."
-on various web sites-