5 replies to this topic

#1 zhangrau

zhangrau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:42 PM

The Individual List report is very useful. I frequently use it to do a filtered search for an individual that I've found additional information for, but can't recall the record number .... I like that the List includes Name and Place indices.
-
Here's some suggestions to make it even better:
1. Add an option to include footnotes/endnotes and citation numbers.
2. Add the Bibliography (list of sources)
3. Add this powerful report to the Publisher (under Lists and All Reports)

#2 Nettie

Nettie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1640 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:36 AM

I use the Individual Summary list and get the full citations etc... plus family info. Does have more than one spouse and all children to each spouse.
I find the person thru the index list on the left hand side of the screen.
I use the Individual list report for a group that I have set up. Helps me to see what facts/events I missed.

Genealogy:
"I work on genealogy only on days that end in "Y"." [Grin!!!]
from www.GenealogyDaily.com.
"Documentation....The hardest part of genealogy"
"Genealogy is like Hide & Seek: They Hide & I Seek!"
" Genealogists: People helping people.....that's what it's all about!"
from http://www.rootsweb....nry/gentags.htm
Using FO and RM since FO2.0 

#3 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8457 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:33 AM

Confirming enhancement request is in our tracking system.
Renee
RootsMagic

#4 zhangrau

zhangrau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:39 PM

I would also like to see the Place List report added to the Publisher - including the list of options. Having collected lots of notes and web tags for the places in my database, I'd like to be able to include them in the Publisher Books that I prepare.

#5 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8457 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:39 AM

I would also like to see the Place List report added to the Publisher - including the list of options. Having collected lots of notes and web tags for the places in my database, I'd like to be able to include them in the Publisher Books that I prepare.

Confirming enhancement request is in our tracking system.
Renee
RootsMagic

#6 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4276 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:47 PM

The problem with having a Place page for the Place list report in Publisher is the extra data you don't need in a book. The list for who the Place or Place detail is linked is always included in the report. And there are no filters to choose multiple places to include. The report is either all places or a single place.

For the Web tag list report, all Places are included and there is no filter to choose which places to include.

You can add a Text page(s) in Publisher, Add menu, Other reports, scroll down the menu to Text page.

Copy and paste the data you want for your place in the Text page from a saved text report for the places after you have corrected the text file to read to your satisfaction.

If you want the Web tags for each place, create and save a Web tag list report text file for Places Copy the web tag data for each Place in your book into your Place text file.

Or, copy web tags into the note section of the Place before you create the Place list report which is what I would do. I already put the urls's in the Place notes.

My Text page would probably be at the end of the book as an Appendix:
Name: Appendix A: Places
Text: Place, note, Web tags, Places in alphabetical order.