• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 TimB

TimB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:57 AM

What is included in the new update to RM 6.1.0.3 I received yesterday? Just wondering. Thanks for everything!

#2 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3442 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:00 AM

http://forums.rootsm...update-history/

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N

#3 coppindf

coppindf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:52 PM

It enables synchronization of data with Family Search Family Tree. However, one unfortunate change is that they have eliminated the ability to update temple ordinance data from Family Tree. This is a major loss.

#4 Kevin

Kevin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:37 PM

Updating Temple ordinance data was not eliminated, it was just made much more difficult requiring extra key strokes. You now must go to the Ordinance Tab instead of the Share Data tab. Then you must select 'Add to My File' Then select the appropriate ordinances to copy. Be careful not to select ordinances that are already in RM because it will cause duplicates. Also beware that the ordinances do NOT line up as one has come to expect in Share Data so it is not obvious which ordinances must be copied. In addition there is not a Replace option so selected ordinances facts are always created when selected allowing duplicates to easily be created.

#5 JeanneG

JeanneG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:31 AM

I feel like Rootsmagic 6.1 is a real step backwards and uninstalled it and gone back to RM 6.0.0.5. Not only can you not see the different ordinance dates on the Share data page, you can't see any of the different names, dates, places, etc. that different people have put in Family Tree or New Family Search. Unless there's been a change, Family Tree and New Family Search use the same database. What we see and how we work with it is just different. I've been using Family Tree for over a year and like how Family Tree works but in Rootsmagic, I want to see everything about my ancestors that have gone into it and not just what someone has put in most recently or the earliest ordinance date. I have found several people in the last month who had their temple work done vicariously by someone who thought they were dead, but they were very much alive (i have death certificates). Sometimes the work was performed again at a later date so it doesn't need to be performed again.but sometimes it was only performed once and needs to be performed again. With RM 6.1 or on Family Tree, there's no way to tell and I would have thought that they all needed to be redone.

#6 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8334 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:08 AM

With NFS you had two versions of temple ordinance. The unofficial version that showed in RM on the Share Data tab, and the official version that showed on the Ordinance tab. FamilySearch has removed the unofficial ordinances from the FT and in turn that means they are no longer in the FT API for RootsMagic to display on the Share Data tab.

You would need to convince FamilySearch that there is a need to show all those unofficial temple ordinance dates in the FT before we will ever see them come back.

For RM to display the official temple ordinances on the Share Data tab will take major rewriting to FT sync. We are working with two different APIs to get that data, FT and the Temple API. We know of the flow problem it causes people and we are trying our best to come up with a design solution that will work for everyone, and not have it hinder our development time in releasing support for sources, notes and photos, etc.
Renee
RootsMagic

#7 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8334 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:09 AM

I feel like Rootsmagic 6.1 is a real step backwards and uninstalled it and gone back to RM 6.0.0.5. Not only can you not see the different ordinance dates on the Share data page, you can't see any of the different names, dates, places, etc. that different people have put in Family Tree or New Family Search.

Can you tell me where you are not seeing the different names, dates and places? Keep in mind we are only working with what is on Family Tree now. If the NFS data didn't transfer over to the FT then RM can't show it.
Renee
RootsMagic

#8 jhaufe

jhaufe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:48 AM

It doesn't bother me that you have to go to the Ordinance tab to see the ordinances information, but I would like to be able to see the side by side view of what is in my RM file and what is on FSFT immediately on clicking the ordinance tab. With the option to copy data right there instead of having to click on the add to my file button before I can see if I need to copy the FSFT ordinance information to my RM File.

#9 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8334 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:48 PM

We have redesigned the Ordinance tab to make it more user friendly and have a better flow pattern. By your description you will be happy with it. It will be available in the next update we release.
Renee
RootsMagic