• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 newsharon

newsharon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:24 PM

My RM5 didn't have the ordinance information on file and I hadn't put it there yet from FS, so it put people on the list of READY (when I was in FS Central). Now I find that those ordinances have already been done. How can I delete those names so they don't come up again? Is there an easier way to get the ordinance info from FS to RM5 besides doing it individually? That's what caused the problem in the first place - I hadn't put the info into RM5 manually.

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8491 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:29 PM

In RM5 you are syncing with NFS. If you have anyone appearing with a Ready status it is because there are ordinances still to be done. You might have duplicate parents or spouses that need to be combined to make those extra ordinances appearing go away. But, Don't combine people on NFS. It is causing to many problems transferring data between NFS and it's replacement FamilySearch Family Tree. Come mid April 2013 the ability to do combines will be shut off in the NFS API. So users won't be able to do that anymore.

Once all the temple ordinances are done then you will no longer see the individuals showing in the Ready status. There is no way to do a massive update of temple ordinances from NFS to RM. You need to transfer them one person at a time. If you go to the Ordinance tab you can select all the ordinances for the person to move them over at the same time.

You really need to consider upgrading to RootsMagic 6.1.0.3 where you can sync with FamilySearch Family Tree. If you can't afford to purchase the upgrade you can always use RootsMagic 6 Essentials. Nothing is crippled in that version for syncing with Family Tree.
Renee
RootsMagic