3 replies to this topic

#1 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8471 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:37 PM

There is some confusion right now over what is the current version number for RootsMagic 6.

The last pushed update to all users was 6.0.0.4. Since then we have released two more updates that 6.0.0.4 users would not be aware of.

6.0.0.5 - This version was released 21 Feb 2013. This was not a public release (showing on the RM news screen).

The reason for this type of release is because it's very small, only two new fixes.
1. Fixed - On This Day Report - historical events not showing
2. Fixed - Search criteria for Sources. It fixes an issue with finding blank sources.

You will have to go to the website to download it at: http://www.rootsmagi...tes/RootsMagic/ . The download page says you are receiving 6.0.0.4 but it is actually the 6.0.0.5 version. Anyone that purchased RootsMagic after 21 Feb 2013 received version 6.0.0.5 on download.

6.1.0.2 - This version is called RootsMagic 6 (Family Tree Beta). It was initially released on 21 Mar 2013 at RootsTech as 6.1.0.0. RootsMagic became the first and only software certified to share data with FamilySearch Family Tree.

You can download RootsMagic 6 (Family Tree Beta) at: http://www.rootsmagic.com/tree/

The download is the full install of the program and will give you version 6.1. The only changes in that version is the removal of New FamilySearch sync and the replacement with Family Tree sync. If you currently have a 6.0 version of RM you will not receive an update indicator notice about this new version. That is because 6.1 is a beta version. You only need the new version if you wish to sync with Family Tree. When the Family Tree API is taken out of beta status then we will push the 6.0 update indicator to all users.

RootsMagic 6.1 users will receive all notifications when updates are available for that version. We are on version 6.1.0.2 as of 3 Apr 2013.

Currently, the only way to get version 6.1 is by downloading from this link: http://www.rootsmagic.com/tree/

If you purchase RM6 through the online store, or download RM6 essentials you will still receive 6.0 at this time.

Recap:
6.0.0.5 - Last version to work with New FamilySearch (NFS).
6.1.0.2 - Current version that works with FamilySearch Family Tree.
6.1.1.0 - Future version that will be pushed to all 6.0 and 6.1 users. This will mean Family Tree sync will be out of beta status. NFS sync will be removed and replaced with Family Tree sync. All users will be notified when it is available.
Renee
RootsMagic

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8471 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:17 AM

Last night RootsMagic moved Family Tree sync out of beta status. We have now launched version 6.1.0.3 and it was pushed to all users. Everyone using RootsMagic 6 should have the same version. New FamilySearch was removed and replaced with Family Tree sync.
Renee
RootsMagic

#3 jimcat

jimcat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:51 PM

Hi there, I just installed the update and was syncing with Family search. It says all my Rm folks have had changes.. I went into the panel and tried to change one as RM said it was missing a child.. but I know he was there. Updating myself from Roots magic to Family search, education rendered this error http/1.0.400 bad request error #400 Occupation worked ok.. the Education from RM to Family search still renders the same error. Residence worked ok as well. Marriage lines are not lined up. Residence (fam) Will not send to Family Search, same error as the Education
Will I have to go through all 1000+ names?

#4 olive

olive

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:43 AM

YAY!!!!!!!!!.

I'm a family history consultant in my ward & it's been frustrating for me & the members taking classes to have to make the distinction that RM6 syncs with NFS not Family Tree yet. It's been frustrating to have to explain to them that what they're seeing in the Family Search Central is from NFS.

I'm thrilled to be able to tell them it is working with Family Tree!