1 reply to this topic

#1 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3425 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:36 PM

Confirming enhancement requests are in our tracking system. Below are some notes on how to work around finding the issues mentioned.

• Lots of double names - if these are alternate names for the same person a Fact List report on people with multiple fact - alternate name will help find them to clean them up. I suspect you are just finding duplicates in your database though. Make sure your duplicate merge search filters are not restricting to much how to find the duplicates.

There are many many ways of finding problem, eroneous information and other reporting within Rootsmagic but one inherent weakness which goes all the way back to Family Origins is that the report is paper or screen, not interactive. In other words you either print it to PDF or paper and use it for reference to work through the entries, you can not click on an entry to move to edit that record and then back to the report.

This is not a difficult request and I am guessing 15 years ago a rival software package had this feature, I was convinced then that it would not be long before the much more friendly FO would have the same, my how the time has flown.

With the new reporting engine as used by Find Everywhere I am wishing very hard that this will be applied to all reports within RM so users can quickly find and correct data and finally throw that pencil away. <_<

We are all limited by our visions and abilities

Whilst we can borrow from the visions of others we cannot always deliver.

User of Family Historian 6.2.7, Rootsmagic 7.6.2, Family Tree Maker 2014 & Legacy 7.5

Excel to Gedcom conversion - simple getting started tutorials here

Root

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8474 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:09 AM

Confirming enhancement request is in our tracking system.
Renee
RootsMagic