• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Steven

Steven

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:59 PM

FamilySearch Central > Temple Work > Cards tab. Would be great to have a FamilySearch icon next to the blue circle with an i in it which would launch the FamilySearch Person Tools for that individual.

I find myself having to search my database and update ordinances by search for each person, because there's not an easy way from the cards tab to update ordinances in the RM database.

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 3881 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:35 AM

The Temple Work icon's Ordinance Lists & Cards are showing everything reserved by you in Family Tree/NFS. It doesn't necessarily mean those people are in your database though. That is why actions on that section of program are not updating anything with your people in the RootsMagic database. That is also why there is no connection to open that person in RootsMagic from there.
Renee
RootsMagic

#3 Kevin

Kevin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:21 PM

But for people that ARE in the RM database, I agree it would sure be convenient feature. It would also be nice to sort the Cards by Gender and to have the Last Activity column be populated with the date of the most recent ordinance performed. It seems the Last Activity is always blank. Also when the 'i' is pressed it displays a Large image of the card without any useful data. It should display the date of the completed ordinances.

#4 Steven

Steven

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:26 PM

The icon could be displayed for only those cards that were linked to an individual in the database. It could open up directly to the Ordinances tab for that individual since the ordinances have been removed from the Share data tab in the FamilySearch Person Tools. I would just use the Ordinances section of FamilySearch Central, but the issue is I might not be doing the work for all of the cards. So I could filter on People with reserved ordinances, but that doesn't show me who has work completed and when like the Cards tab does. I also usually remove the card from the Cards list when I know the works been done and the dates have been added to my RM database. So keeping the actions of updating ordinance info and managing the cards in a single location would be wonderful.

#5 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 3881 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:11 PM

Confirming enhancement requests are in our tracking system.
Renee
RootsMagic