16 replies to this topic

#1 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2977 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:04 AM

Just noticed a wee housekeeping task on the Media Gallery that the Rootsmagician can attend to when building all those other much desired Media Gallery enhancements. ;)

Behind the Tag buttons there is text hiding which can appear visible and confusing between the buttons, without my readers I thought some kind of new feature had been introduced :D playing with the width of the right pane will show this text hiding behind the buttons.

Posted Image

“The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today"

Current user of Rootsmagic version 7.5.4.0, Family Tree Maker 2014 and Legacy 7.5 on Win 10

Excel to Gedcom conversion - simple getting started tutorials here

Root

#2 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4276 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:06 AM

I am not seeing that in Version 6.0.0.5. Which version are you using?

#3 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2977 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:09 PM

I am not seeing that in Version 6.0.0.5. Which version are you using?

Well I didn't download 6.0.0.5 but I still see it in the 6.1 Beta, if you refer to my original post you will see it is not immediately obvious.

Current user of Rootsmagic version 7.5.4.0, Family Tree Maker 2014 and Legacy 7.5 on Win 10

Root

#4 zhangrau

zhangrau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1206 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:00 PM

Well I didn't download 6.0.0.5 ....

I'm using RM 6.0.0.4, and selecting Help | Check for Updates gives me a message stating that I'm using the most up-to-date version. This makes me wonder why I'm seeing forum entries referring to RM 6.0.0.5 .... Is that a new update still only available to beta testers? What's new in it? :huh:

#5 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5594 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:48 PM

The Updates page has the hyperlink RootsMagic 6.0.0.4 Installer but what is downloaded is 6.0.0.5. The changes were described in the forum here. 6.1 is beta and delivers support for Family Search Family Tree.

Tom user of RM7230 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> Rmtrix_tiny.png app, a growing bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#6 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7371 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:08 AM

Vyger, I've moved the right pane and I still can't see what you are describing in 6.1.0.1. Beta.
Renee
RootsMagic

#7 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2977 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:52 AM

Vyger, I've moved the right pane and I still can't see what you are describing in 6.1.0.1. Beta.

I'm confused and will explain, firstly I couldn't understand how I didn't see this before, secondly I was seeing this on 6.0.0.4 and then on the 6.1 beta. Following your post I thought I better check my desktop and it is not there :blink: so I uninstalled RM from the laptop, downloaded 6.0.0.5 and the "Tag Panel" is still visible when I enlarge the right hand pane.

My expert solution is to hide it behind the buttons and forget I ever saw it, the only other solution would be to try and understand it :unsure:

Root

#8 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4276 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:17 AM

I don't understand either. In 6.0.0.5, I maximized the Media Galley screen and drug the right pane all the way to the left and that text is not there.

I am using the USA version. If you are using the UK version, could there be a difference?

#9 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2977 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:27 AM

I don't understand either. In 6.0.0.5, I maximized the Media Galley screen and drug the right pane all the way to the left and that text is not there.

I am using the USA version. If you are using the UK version, could there be a difference?

There is no version difference and don't forget I can't see the problem on my desktop machine, but on the other side I can't be seeing something which says TagPanel unless it is there in some respect ? - forgot to post what I originally noticed below.

Posted Image

Root

#10 Jack

Jack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:36 PM

I don't see it either.
Jack

a posteriori

#11 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4276 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:04 PM

Windows version maybe? I am using Windows 7 Pro.

#12 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3306 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:42 PM

Vyger is not imagining ≡÷þ
With your mouse, hover over the horizontal divider between the two right-hand panes and when the "double-line" icon (with up and down arrows) appears...left-click and drag the icon up to shrink the top pane to it's minimum vertical height. The word 'TagPanel' appears to the right of the <Delete Tag> button for me AND if the right-pane is resized smaller...the word can appear behind those buttons. Vyger just needs to increase the height of the upper pane to make it go away.

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N

#13 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4276 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:52 PM

The horizontal line between the right panes must be moved upward until none of the tags were showing for the text to fully appear Then, move the right pane to the left. The farther left I move the right pane, the farther to the right of the Delete tag button the text moves

I couldn't recreate what Vyger was seeing by just moving the right pane to the left.

#14 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3306 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:48 AM

I couldn't recreate what Vyger was seeing by just moving the right pane to the left.

Move the left border of the right pane to the right (shrinking the pane size).

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N

#15 Jack

Jack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:32 AM

Now I see it!
Jack

a posteriori

#16 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7371 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:43 AM

I finally see it and added it to our tracking system for resolution.
Renee
RootsMagic

#17 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7371 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 12:57 PM

This was fixed in version 6.1.0.3.
Renee
RootsMagic