3 replies to this topic

#1 DerickH

DerickH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:22 AM

I have several dozen databases, some of which exceed 100k entries. I also have many image folders that are exclusive to these databases. Under Tools>Folders> the options apply to any and all databases. I would like to see the option for calling out a separate folder for the different databases I have.

#2 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2375 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:03 PM

I have several dozen databases, some of which exceed 100k entries. I also have many image folders that are exclusive to these databases. Under Tools>Folders> the options apply to any and all databases. I would like to see the option for calling out a separate folder for the different databases I have.

I don't quite understand as each database will have it's own and unique specific folder designated under Tools>Folders for the image folder.

Software Comparisons - Place Management - How other software packages stack up.
Media Gallery (a critical look) - Written when RM4 was introduced but still applies today.

Relaxation is the key to life and this is where I get some time to relax and catch up on my hobby and research s the key to life and this is where I get some time to catch up on me genealogy work and research

#3 Alfred

Alfred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5734 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:47 PM

No Vyger, the folders are program options not file options.

Although a program multimedia folder of RM-Media could have a subfolder for each RootsMagic database file and it would only be a click away from the default.
Alfred

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 4166 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:21 AM

The multimedia folder is not very useful unless you store all your images in one folder. I don't have mine that way, they are in sub-folders. Having a separate multimedia setting for each database would be even more useless for me.

What I do is add ".\" (without quotes) to the multimedia file path name field. That way whenever I go to add new media it will take me back to the last folder I opened. Simple and fast.
Renee
RootsMagic