3 replies to this topic

#1 DerickH

DerickH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:10 AM

It sure would be helpful if I could delete sources and places in bulk. Why can't it be possible to highlight the entries to be deleted and just hit one button?

#2 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2251 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:18 PM

I am sure you realise that you would not wish to delete any Place that was in use and I lean towards an option to "select all" on the Unused Place dialogue. I say lean towards because some of those unused Places may contain Place Details with Notes and Media which I may prefer to keep.

Sources would be a different case and an option to display all Unused Sources aor Delete Unused Sources would seem to be reasonable.
Software Comparisons - Place Management - How other software packages stack up.
Media Gallery (a critical look) - Written when RM4 was introduced but still applies today.

Relaxation is the key to life and this is where I get some time to relax and catch up on my hobby and research s the key to life and this is where I get some time to catch up on me genealogy work and research

#3 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3251 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:37 PM

I wrote a SQLite query that cleans up a database of pretty well all unused detritus. See http://sqlitetoolsfo...Delete Phantoms . The query is included in the RMtrix application. This may suit your purpose until RootsMagic is enhanced to provide what you asked for.
Tom user of RM6306 FTM2014 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
Posted Imagewiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> Posted Image app, a growing bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 3673 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:31 AM

Confirming enhancement requests are in our tracking system.
Renee
RootsMagic