3 replies to this topic

#1 DerickH

DerickH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:10 AM

It sure would be helpful if I could delete sources and places in bulk. Why can't it be possible to highlight the entries to be deleted and just hit one button?

#2 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2434 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:18 PM

I am sure you realise that you would not wish to delete any Place that was in use and I lean towards an option to "select all" on the Unused Place dialogue. I say lean towards because some of those unused Places may contain Place Details with Notes and Media which I may prefer to keep.

Sources would be a different case and an option to display all Unused Sources aor Delete Unused Sources would seem to be reasonable.

"It is always wise to look ahead, but difficult to look further than you can see" - Winston Churchill

#3 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3975 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:37 PM

I wrote a SQLite query that cleans up a database of pretty well all unused detritus. See http://sqlitetoolsfo...Delete Phantoms . The query is included in the RMtrix application. This may suit your purpose until RootsMagic is enhanced to provide what you asked for.
Tom
user of RM7000 FTM2014 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celtiwiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix_tiny.png app, a growing bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 4482 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:31 AM

Confirming enhancement requests are in our tracking system.
Renee
RootsMagic