7 replies to this topic

#1 Kevin

Kevin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:21 PM

This all relates to the Ordinance Tab of FamilySearch Person Tools (RM 6.1.0.0)

1. There is Check Box that checks and unchecks but is of no use.
2. Then one must Click on Add to My File (It should show RM and FT data side-by-side like on the Share Data Tab)
3. After clicking on Add to My File then it shows the data side-by-side but NOT lined up correctly so hard to match up.
4. There are now check boxes to select data to copy from FT to RM. However it shows check boxes for items that already match and if selected, creates duplicate facts in RM.
5.Then one must click on 'Copy checked....'
6. Finally click on Close.

All of this needs to be streamlined.

It took me a long time today to update all the Baptisms and Confirmations into RM from a group that performed ordinances today. It was even slower because FamilySearch Central What's New does not function (does not detect modified persons in FT) in 6.1 so I had to find all the updated persons by hand.

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8412 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:11 PM

1. You are correct the check box in the header row serves no purpose. It also appears in 6.0 and earlier version using NFS the same way.
2. Correct, click on "Add to my File" to see the ordinances in your RM database and those in FT.
3. I cannot confirm the ordinances not lined up correctly. They will not be in date order, but instead in sequence order as they should be performed.
4. Yes, you could cause duplicates if your not careful. If you click on the box in the header row it will place checkmarks on all ordinances for them to be copied to your database. Just check or uncheck the individual boxes as needed instead.

Family Tree and also New FamilySearch had two separate APIs. One is not often discussed and that is the Temple API. The Temple API is the official temple ordinance status for the individual and that appears on the Ordinance tab in the FamilySearch Person Tools. In NFS all temple ordinances ever performed for an individual also appeared on the Share Data tab these were not coming from the Temple API but from it's Tree API. When FamilySearch Family Tree was created this tree temple ordinance data was removed and all we have access to is the data coming from the Temple API. I don't even think its possible for development to make the Tree API data and Temple API data appear on the same Share Data tab to streamline things as people were familiar with. If they could would we want them to? The Ordinance tab also lets you reserve names, so it has two functions that are needed. We are trying to make this as streamlined as possible.

FamilySearch was down most of the day and still has some residuals going on. I'm running FamilySearch Central right now and it's reporting back changes under What's New so that feature appears to be working now.
Renee
RootsMagic

#3 olive

olive

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:51 PM

I've been playing with 6.1 in Family Search Central & by clicking on the blue tree on the different views. It seems to be a bit slower to pull up the share comparisons than I remember 6 was.

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8412 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:32 AM

Two things possibly happening there. Yesterday was not a good day to be viewing the FamilySearch Family Tree. There was spotty access to it.

On the other hand we did notice during our internal beta testing the Family Tree API is slower. We have worked at tweaking the speed levels and thought we had it comparable to NFS speed. We will continue to monitor this situation and adjust things as the Family Tree API is developed.
Renee
RootsMagic

#5 Kevin

Kevin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:21 PM

I have noticed that it does seem slower also.

My initial comments above were geared to maybe some possible suggestions to make it a little more user friendly.
Like showing the RM and FT data side by side on the Ordinance Tab without having to click on another button ("Add to my File") and not allowing duplicate identical ordinance data to be transferred from FT to RM. In addition showing already matching ordinances in green and lined up across from each other (similar to the Share Data screen).

#6 Kevin

Kevin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:27 PM

It also seems that What's new is still not working (at least with my database) because I still have not seen anything in What's new since the first sync and I have updated multiple people directly on FT and also had multiple ordinances completed on multiple days (yesterday and today) and still nothing in What's New. This is related to support request 32917. I know that the data is being checked because I can see numbers changing in the Pie Chart.

#7 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8412 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:30 AM

I have noticed that it does seem slower also.

My initial comments above were geared to maybe some possible suggestions to make it a little more user friendly.
Like showing the RM and FT data side by side on the Ordinance Tab without having to click on another button ("Add to my File") and not allowing duplicate identical ordinance data to be transferred from FT to RM. In addition showing already matching ordinances in green and lined up across from each other (similar to the Share Data screen).

Confirming enhancement requests are in our tracking system for consideration.
Renee
RootsMagic

#8 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8412 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:30 AM

It also seems that What's new is still not working (at least with my database) because I still have not seen anything in What's new since the first sync and I have updated multiple people directly on FT and also had multiple ordinances completed on multiple days (yesterday and today) and still nothing in What's New. This is related to support request 32917. I know that the data is being checked because I can see numbers changing in the Pie Chart.

Confirming issues is in our tracking system for resolution.
Renee
RootsMagic