• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gen.witch

gen.witch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:14 PM

I tried to calculate a relationship using my RM6 file via dropbox on an iPod Touch 4. It would not let me search, so I had to scroll through to the surname I wanted and then scroll through to the given name. Since the other name I wanted nearer the end of the alphabet, I shut my iPod Touch down, restarted and reopened the database. It let me search for the first name, will not search for the second name.

Also, if I have the wifi on, Dropbox tries to sync my file even though there are no changes to it.

Help.

#2 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6266 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:09 PM

Even just opening or browsing your database with the Windows RootsMagic program causes little changes to the database file, even though you have done no editing. That's why DropBox keeps chasing. It is best to suspend DropBox except when you want a sync up or keep your working database out of the DropBox folder and only copy it there when you want a sync to the iOS device. Moreover, DropBox is suspect in causing database interference or corruption when being worked on by RM.

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#3 gen.witch

gen.witch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:18 PM

Yes, I can see how having RM open could cause issues but it wasn't.

#4 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6266 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:07 PM

Yes, I can see how having RM open could cause issues but it wasn't.

I was responding to:

Also, if I have the wifi on, Dropbox tries to sync my file even though there are no changes to it.

As to the other issues, I cannot really comment since the 1.0.1 version of iRM crashes very readily on my databases.

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.