6 replies to this topic

#1 Cynthia

Cynthia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:35 AM

Hello.

Is there a way to hide the person details where the source and note button are?

I don't use it there and don't want it there if i can remove it.

Thank you,

Cynthia

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7093 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:02 AM

Sorry, I'm not following were you are looking. What part of the program are you in, view, window, steps to get there, etc.
Renee
RootsMagic

#3 Cynthia

Cynthia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:50 PM

I am in the individual screen where you add information and the source and notes have a hot button there and i don't use it there. i prefer it to be just on the toolbar.

Cynthia

#4 Alfred

Alfred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5734 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:29 PM

Are you referring to the right side of the "Edit Person" window?

If so, you can grab the right edge of the window and narrow it up till it is not showing.
BUT, if you cannot see the fields, how are you going to edit anyone?
Alfred

#5 Cynthia

Cynthia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:45 PM

That's exactly what my problem is. It is in the Edit Person. I already knew you could hide the window, but when I go to add something I can't do that without that. I just don't want the source or note button there if i can do it
Cynthia

#6 Ludlow Bay

Ludlow Bay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:12 PM

That's exactly what my problem is. It is in the Edit Person. I already knew you could hide the window, but when I go to add something I can't do that without that. I just don't want the source or note button there if i can do it
Cynthia

No, you cannot hide the buttons. Perhaps if we knew why their existence was such a big problem for you, we could better understand your issue.

#7 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4276 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:10 PM

In the Edit person screen, if you move the vertical line between the left and right pane to the left, you can cover up the Details and Notte, Source and Media columns with the right pane.

However you will then not be able to enter notes, sources, and media from the Edit person screen for the facts.