• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sling

sling

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:44 AM

I modify many fact types to share them with multiple people. The biggest one being the census and census family fact types. All the children that appear with parents have the role of 'child' and any other relative appearing with the family in the census shares the appropriate role, ie 'sister', 'grandchild' etc so everyone is connected.

All the information including notes appears on the screen in the program

BUT when I print out any type of report the census notes do not print for anyone sharing that fact type. They only show up for the original person the fact type was entered for.

The only way I can get the notes to show up is to create a duplicate census fact for each person that shares the fact type and copy/paste the note from the original entry into it..which somewhat seems to defeat the purpose !!

IS there anyway to get these notes to print for all the roles that share a fact type? If not will this be fixed soon?

Thank you!

#2 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4276 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:22 AM

Sharees have their own notes. Put notes you want to print for the Sharee in the note box on the Edit shared fact box.

This allows notes to be more tailored for the Principal and each Sharee rather than just have a more general note for the Principal.

#3 sling

sling

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:22 AM

Laura,

Thank you, that is a little bit faster, I still have to go into each person, edit the role and then copy paste my original note..too bad we can't have an option to just print the note for everyone..takes awhile to do when there are 12 children !! I understand the reason but too bad we can't somehow toggle the option on or off (I would have it on most of the time !)

Thanks again :)

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8491 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:41 AM

Confirming enhancement request added to our tracking system.
Renee
RootsMagic