• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ian Tresman

Ian Tresman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:25 AM

I'd like the see the option to change the Pedigree view to an Hourglass View, so that I can see more than one sibling.

Of course I'd like the ability to change font (and box) size, and to drag the view around the screen!

#2 c24m48

c24m48

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1271 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:42 AM

I'd like the see the option to change the Pedigree view to an Hourglass View, so that I can see more than one sibling.

This is a good suggestion, but I think there would still be a need for the standard Pedigree view to be available.

Jerry

#3 Ian Tresman

Ian Tresman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:22 PM

Absolutely, no question about keeping the Pedigree view.

#4 zhangrau

zhangrau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:59 AM

I'd also like to see a printable hourglass chart.

#5 VirginiaBl

VirginiaBl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:46 PM

A top to bottom hourglass chart is difficult to make - and hard to follow the generation lines, but left to right is easy. Create an ancestor chart and a descendant chart for the same person. Then enlarge the canvas width of the ancestor chart and copy the descendant chart on the right side. Delete one set of the focus person/spouse boxes and join the two charts. Highlighting the focus person can make it a bit easier to follow. There is a small example chart (letter-landscape size) here, Ask if you have any questions.

Virginia

#6 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 4291 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:08 AM

Confirming enhancement requests are in our tracking system.

If you only want to see more than one sibling try the descendant view to get a picture of the family.
Renee
RootsMagic