#1 dorght

dorght

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:52 PM

Hello,
Looking for some help.
Following a crash, I've recovered many files from my fathers hard drive. He has FO 9.0. The recovery program recovered a lot of files and I'm not sure how to sort out which one was the most current he was working with. There are numerous .zip, .cdx, .dbf, .fpt files some a decade old. (Hard disk data recovery programs can't always tell the difference between a lost file and file that had been deleted)
These files were all in his My Documents folder. Are other folders also used?

Within the program I've used recover to the most recent zip file but he says that some data seems to be missing. Particularly text enteries of data for individuals like divorces and other info.

Getting most of the data back has reduced his stress level considerably but, I really would like to recover all of it for him.

Thanks for any help

#2 Romer

Romer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2042 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:07 PM

If the structure was like early RM, the zip files would be full database backups, so you might try to compare the latest date with the dates of the other various files to see how they relate. Many files made up the database, in effect, but they should have the same names, but different extensions. The zip file contained them all.

Forgot to add that the backups didn't contain media files. However, if he used any, hopefully they were recovered, as well. The database just contained a link to the folder name and name of the media file as a reference.