5 replies to this topic

#1 Jack

Jack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:08 AM

I discovered a new marriage record for a couple and entered the source detail information thusly:

"Virginia Marriages, 1785-1940" index, FamilySearch (https://familysearch...M9.1.1/XRZR-RMN : accessed 08 Feb 2013), Joshua Ramsey and Nancy C. Steele, 05 Aug 1839; citing reference p 39, FHL microfilm 32734.

This was the third marriage for Joshua. The source is the same for his other two marriages but, the access date for those was more than a year ago. Yet, the access date for those magically became "08 Feb 2013" after I added the third marriage.

I checked a few other marriages and the access dates given in the Source Details is the actual date that I viewed/downloaded the info.

The access date seems to only change if the source is the same; e.g., "Virginia Marriages, 1785-1940"
Jack

a posteriori

#2 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6444 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:05 AM

What template is used? On which part of the Citation tab of the Edit Source window is the date field? It sounds like it is on the upper, yellowish Master Source area not the lower, greenish Source Details area.

Tom user of RM7630 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#3 Jack

Jack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:37 AM

Tom, I do not use the provided templates. This is "free form" and only the "Virginia Marriages, 1785-1940" appears in the yellowish part. The Source Details appear in the greenish source details part.
Jack

a posteriori

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8779 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:29 AM

That just isn't possible to have the access date change if you are putting it in the green source detail field for Page Number. Open a support ticket if you're really sure that is happening. Send us a backup of your database along with the names of individuals to look, facts and sources.

http://support.roots...us_requests/new
Renee
RootsMagic

#5 Jack

Jack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:46 AM

Renee, has anyone at yet RM attempted to duplicate the problem?

The first two marriage records for this person were discovered in Sep., 2010.
Jack

a posteriori

#6 Jack

Jack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:57 AM

Now, I can't repeat it! Something screwy here!
Jack

a posteriori