• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 BarryBoyer

BarryBoyer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:52 PM

I do not know how to label the topic. I am having problems with the program refreshing properly after entering data. I do not know if there is a particular event which triggers the issue but I will enter data and close the box after entering an event and I find that I have sections of RootsMagic 6 which are missing and those missing parts are filled with the desktop or another program hiding behind RootsMagic 6. I can usually get the full program back but it is not clear to me how I do it as I click here or there. Sorry.
RootsMagic is probably the program I use the most and it is the only program with which I have this problem.

#2 J P

J P

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:37 AM

View PostBarryBoyer, on 05 February 2013 - 06:52 PM, said:

I do not know how to label the topic. I am having problems with the program refreshing properly after entering data. I do not know if there is a particular event which triggers the issue but I will enter data and close the box after entering an event and I find that I have sections of RootsMagic 6 which are missing and those missing parts are filled with the desktop or another program hiding behind RootsMagic 6. I can usually get the full program back but it is not clear to me how I do it as I click here or there. Sorry.
RootsMagic is probably the program I use the most and it is the only program with which I have this problem.

I suggest it might help anyone responding if you would list your environment - what version of Windows, are you running under a Mac "Windows emulator", or what?

I run on Windows XP running under Parallels on OS X Mountain Lion (all with latest/highest maintenance levels). Sometimes the re-writing of the next Window appears slow and the underlying information appears in the interim, but the window does appear eventually - maybe a few seconds- without my intervention. IF you are running in that environment, there is a problem - a Parallels problem (depending on Parallels settings) whereby the current window is hidden behind the window that should be one down even though any keyed input goes into the correct window. There is a parameter change to bypass to this problem.

#3 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 3665 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:20 AM

I'm using Windows 7 and have never experienced seeing any windows behind the program appear or overlap.
Renee
RootsMagic

#4 Jack

Jack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:40 AM

I had a similar problem when I was running XP with only 2gb of RAM and a graphics card with inadequate memory.  Now that I'm running Win7 with 4GB and a super fast graphics card I no longer have that problem.
Jack

a posteriori

#5 BarryBoyer

BarryBoyer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:48 PM

Please forgive me for the omission. I am using Vista on a 32 bit machine with 4G of ram and a Video Card with 512M. The problem with the refresh of the video I mentioned does not happen often but it happens. The portion of RootMagic 6 that does not refresh is almost alway limited to the Father and Mother sections of the program screen.