2 replies to this topic

#1 Stan Mitchell

Stan Mitchell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

Hi All,

This is something I stumbled upon. At first, I was pleasantly surprised to discover that I could load HTML files into RM's edit windows.

In this particular case, I was using "Edit Source" Window, "Detail Text" tab reached via the Edit button in Citation Manager. In the window labeled "Research Notes", I used the context menu to Open an HTML file in which I had formatted notes for a census. The HTML file was rendered reasonably well in the Research Notes window when it was loaded. Then I clicked OK to dismiss the "Edit Source" window.

Then I reopened the Master Source from Citation Manager and selected the "Detail Text" tab from the "Edit Source" window. The formatting has now been removed from the window. It appears that all html tags are stripped from the file, so when it is loaded the text "runs together".

Since the HTML content is rendered well initially, it seems reasonable to have it displayed the same when viewed subsequently.

If it would help, I could provide the HTML file (text only - no graphics) I was using.

-Stan

#2 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2532 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

If it would help, I could provide the HTML file (text only - no graphics) I was using.

-Stan

No need to bother, unfortunately, HTML embedding is not supported at this time.
--
   -- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
      --
         --ΤΏΤ--
        K e V i N

#3 Stan Mitchell

Stan Mitchell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:33 PM

Too bad.
I'm able to achieve somewhat the same thing, using Webtags to link to my blog pages.