3 replies to this topic

#1 lionelthomas

lionelthomas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

Hi,
Am new to Personal Historian. It would be great to have an example of a Personal History produced in Personal Historian from start to finish. I'm having trouble putting the features together.
Viewed a Webinar that mentioned such an example but have been unable to find it.
Would like to keep my frustration level with PH down to a minimum since it promises to do wnat I want.
Regards.

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 3885 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:16 AM

The sample Personal Historian database only came with Personal Historian 1. No sample was included in PH2. If you want the sample database from PH1 we can send it to you. You can simple open it in PH2 to convert it. Just send an email to support@rootsmagic.com and request it.

I also recommend that you create a practice file to experiment on, since you can have multiple databases.
Renee
RootsMagic

#3 lionelthomas

lionelthomas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:59 AM

Thank you Renee for your reply.
Having just purchased PH, I had assumed that there would be lots of examples to show me how to do things as there are with other packages.
I think I have got it set up right but still need to understand the sections; database, story, category, book. It is not clear to me what is overwritten when I merge genealogical data or text files.
Since the Life Capsule editor is not yet available in PH2, I created a csv file and imported it as text data but I am unsure where it goes into the database.
I have lots of experience; writing, software development, genealogy, etc. but I feel that this is not an easy experience due to lack of documentation.
Hope you can fill in the blanks for me.
Lionel

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 3885 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:04 AM

Make sure to watch webinar 25. What's New in Personal Historian 2 - www.rootsmagic.com/webinars
Renee
RootsMagic