• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 scottlass

scottlass

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:31 PM

I created a website with the Create HTML File feature in RootsMagic 6. I included my sources as endnotes and privatized living people. In looking over the source page for my website, I noticed sources for living people are included. One source is the birth certificate for a living person, so his full name appears in the sources list, defeating my intention to privatize living people!

Could we have an update to insure that sources and facts of a person tagged Living will not be included in websites? I don't know HTML code, so I can't create a work around to correct this myself.

Thanks!

#2 Jack

Jack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

Odd that you should bring this up at the time. I've recently noticed on Ancestry.com that when a child or spouse of a deceased person is privatized I can often find them in the sources - when and if the owner provides them. Sometimes the source is a marriage record, a death cert with the spouse's name, a birth record, and sometimes the photo of a headstone engraved with both spouse's names. Looks like it might be a universal problem rather that one related only to RM.
Jack

a posteriori

#3 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8470 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:39 AM

From the RootsMagician:

The old HTML websites are being replaced by the Publish Online feature. The HTML website feature was left in RM6 as we transition to the new sites. All future programming effort is being directed towards the Publish online feature and no further programming work is being done on the HTML sites.
Renee
RootsMagic

#4 Jack

Jack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

From the RootsMagician:

The old HTML websites are being replaced by the Publish Online feature. The HTML website feature was left in RM6 as we transition to the new sites. All future programming effort is being directed towards the Publish online feature and no further programming work is being done on the HTML sites.

I'm not familiar with the "HTML sites" and do not plan to use the new "Publish Online" feature at RM. But, I do use HTM files, as currently generated by RM6 to publish "websites" to DVD.

Are you telling me that I will no longer be able to do that?
Jack

a posteriori

#5 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3589 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:59 PM

From the RootsMagician:

The old HTML websites are being replaced by the Publish Online feature.

Please say that the Publish Online feature will eventually have all the features of HTML Web sites such as Ancestor book, Descendant book, etc. Or else please say "it ain't so" that the old HTML websites are being replaced by the Publish Online feature.

Jerry

#6 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8470 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:08 AM

I'm not familiar with the "HTML sites" and do not plan to use the new "Publish Online" feature at RM. But, I do use HTM files, as currently generated by RM6 to publish "websites" to DVD.

Are you telling me that I will no longer be able to do that?

I am referring to Internet>Publish Online is replacing Internet>Create HTML Files.

Are you using Tools>Create a Shareable CD to make your DVD, or saving some reports as WebPages HTML files? Those are totally different features.
Renee
RootsMagic

#7 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8470 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

Please say that the Publish Online feature will eventually have all the features of HTML Web sites such as Ancestor book, Descendant book, etc. Or else please say "it ain't so" that the old HTML websites are being replaced by the Publish Online feature.

Jerry

The RootsMagician said the Publish Online websites are still in transition and that is why the HTML websites are still available. To me that sounds like the features found in the HTML websites will become available in the Publish Online websites.
Renee
RootsMagic

#8 Jack

Jack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:33 AM

I am referring to Internet>Publish Online is replacing Internet>Create HTML Files.

Are you using Tools>Create a Shareable CD to make your DVD, or saving some reports as WebPages HTML files? Those are totally different features.

I create htm files (web pages) then burn them to DVD with an autostart feature for index.htm.
Jack

a posteriori