6 replies to this topic

#1 jonmira

jonmira

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

At times I have wanted to add information from a book or an article concerning my genealogy research, but I do not know how to add the footnote number to the quoted paragraph(s) of the book/article using RootsMagic.

Any help with this issue is appreciated. Detailed steps, please.

John

#2 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3611 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

At times I have wanted to add information from a book or an article concerning my genealogy research, but I do not know how to add the footnote number to the quoted paragraph(s) of the book/article using RootsMagic.

Any help with this issue is appreciated. Detailed steps, please.

I'm not sure I understand the question correctly, but if I do understand the question correctly then you don't have to do anything. RM takes care of the footnote number for you automatically when you create a report. If that's not what you mean, then perhaps you could clarify the question a little bit.

Jerry

#3 jonmira

jonmira

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:28 PM

Jerry,

That's exactly what I mean. Can you give me the steps how you create any report with quoted information from a book that I acknowledge with a source citation. I not sure how this done. Can you give me a detailed example?

John

#4 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6268 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

John, you should have a look at RootsMagic's Help system and the webinars at http://www.rootsmagic.com/Webinars/ and if you are still stymied, then post here with a very specific problem. Most of the necessary words and pictures have already been provided in convenient bundles designed to help beginners make a start.

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#5 Alfred

Alfred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5734 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:28 PM

In the RootsMagic Help file, ( F1) search for "sources" and click on "Sources and Repositories"where you will find a little basic information on sources.
Some of the other source related items like Citation Manager, Master Source list and a couple of others and might help round it out.
Alfred

#6 Nettie

Nettie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1655 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:35 AM

Or go to https://www.evidenceexplained.com/ , Elizabeth Shown Mills website and look for or ask a question in the forum.

Genealogy:
"I work on genealogy only on days that end in "Y"." [Grin!!!]
from www.GenealogyDaily.com.
"Documentation....The hardest part of genealogy"
"Genealogy is like Hide & Seek: They Hide & I Seek!"
" Genealogists: People helping people.....that's what it's all about!"
from http://www.rootsweb....nry/gentags.htm
Using FO and RM since FO2.0 

#7 jonmira

jonmira

Advanced Member

• Members